Surya Cipta City is an industrial city located in Karawang, West Java, Indonesia. Situated 60 km east of Jakarta, the city has seen rapid growth in recent years, leading to the construction of several large scale developments and industrial facilities.
With this expansion, new infrastructure was required to manage increased wastewater flows as the local wastewater plant in Surya Cipta Industrial Estate had reach capacity. SSIA, a leading developer listed on the Indonesian stock exchange (IDX), wanted to provide a wastewater solution that would address capacity, aesthetics, reuse, green energy and preservation.
In late 2018 the new treatment plant, using Organica Water’s Food Chain Reactor, was commissioned. The facility was designed to process 10MLD of wastewater and to produce a discharge quality suitable for local reuse, with excess flows discharged to the Citarum River, which is the largest river in West Java.
- Increased treatment capacity to supplement existing 11 MLD plant
- Water Reuse for irrigation, excess discharge to the Citarum River
- Renewable Energy
- Reduced Footprint
- Odor free wastewater facility
- Maximize surrounding land utilisation by implementing reduced buffer zone
- New 10MLD in a footprint 50% less than the existing 11 MLD plant
- Resembling a botanical garden, the treatment facility provides a platform for community interaction and acts as an education resource
- High quality effluent with partial reuse for irrigation and landscaping
- Excess water discharged to the Citarum River, forming part of a clean water initiative to restore the ecosystem within the river
- 100% compliance of treated wastewater that is being verified 24/7 using real-time monitoring that feeds data directly to the Indonesian Ministry of Environment
- Increased land availability and value for the surrounding area due to reduced odor buffer
- Solar panel installation meeting energy demand for the building HVAC and lighting used around the site perimeter
- The ascetics and odor free operation of the treatment system has become a showcase across public and private sectors in Indonesia as a green facility
- SSIA secured the highest score in Global Eco Industrial Park Program (GEIPP) conducted by United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) across 50 Industrial Parks covering eight countries such as South Africa, Vietnam etc.
HUBER Ro9 Spiral Screens are used to remove plastics, gross solids and fines from sewage and industrial wastewater. They are an ideal solution for treatment plants with capacities up to 15,000 EP as the screen can be installed into pre-fabricated stainless steel tanks which significantly reduces site construction timelines.
About the Hydroflux Group
The Hydroflux Group comprises eleven companies based in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and the UK, providing design and build, equipment, processes and operational services in water and wastewater treatment.
Hydroflux Epco NZ Ltd is a member of the Hydroflux Group.
Hydroflux Epco NZ Ltd
Level 26, HSBC Tower, 188 Quay St
Auckland 1010 New Zealand
P +64 9 352 2052
Want to stay up-to-date with what is going on? Click Here to follow our LinkedIn.us on LinkedIn