An anaerobic process in minimal space without noise or smell
The Hydroflux Group today announced a new collaboration with Dutch specialist in wastewater for industry, Hydrothane, to bring their External Circulation Sludge Bed (ECSB) anaerobic process to the Australian market.
The design of ECSB lets customers treat effluent within a limited available space. This design also removes noise and odour issues, still present in older anaerobic processes, enabling it to be situated near urban areas.
Hydroflux Industrial’s Director Mathew Pugh, said this design is helpful for customers looking for a long term sustainable solution.
“The design and build of this anaerobic process can really help customers who need efficient treatment within a small footprint. Together with a guarantee to remove noise and odour, this anaerobic process does not impact on nearby neighbours”, he said.
Unique features of the HydroThane STP® ECSB:
- A (bio) gas holder is not required due to the complete over pressure design
- All odours are controlled and fully integrated into the pressurised and closed biogas circuit removing the need for odour control systems
- No corrosion – the over-pressurised design prevents the entrance of air
- No maintenance inside the reactor – there are no complex internals or rotating equipment
- A dual layers separation design creates maximum process stability and capacity
- The design includes fully controlled hydraulic mixing by means of an external circulation process
- Loading rates of the ECSB reactor are typically in the range of 15 – 35 kg COD/m3.day providing a very small footprint.
For more information on the ECSB process and other anaerobic systems please click here
About the Hydroflux Group
The Hydroflux Group comprises seven companies based in Australia and the UK, providing design and build, equipment, processes and operational services in water and wastewater treatment. Hydroflux Huber specialises in municipal wastewater and sludge treatment and is the exclusive Australian representative for HUBER Technology, AEROSTRIP, CNP Technology, Flootech and Organica Water. Hydroflux Huber Pty Ltd is a member of the Hydroflux Group.
10 March 2015
Hydroflux Huber Pty Ltd
Level 26, 44 Market St. Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
P +61 2 9089 8833 F +61 2 9089 8830